Oci-One Kanubi

Default Natural Rivers (or not) - Pine, Upper manistee

"stone" typed:

The point of all this is that the wilderness in the lower 48 is gone....long
gone. If you want a "wilderness experience" go to Alaska or get Disney to
make you for you. You can't bring it back....areas logged over three times
ain't wilderness......and will not ever be so again.....and don't dare to
tell me that because I live in a relatively "undeveloped" area I have to
stop my ecomonic developement so you can wander around in the "woods."

You evidently live in NC....which is a wonderful state with many great
places....but don't stick your nose in our Michigan and tell us how to live
our lives....

nuff said....

Disregard my last, Stone. Everything I typed in my last is true, and
I stand behind it, but the fact is, it is almost possible to reconcile
two contrary abstractions. Reconciliation has to come about in the
realm of concrete reality.

If I were standing with you on yer property in Michigan and you
described the development you had in mind, I would probaly say "oh, is
THAT what you mean? Yeh, that makes sense". And if you and I were
standing together looking at some clearcut stand of US National
Forest, where the timber had been harvested for a token payment and
then shipped off to Japan and the river was running brown with runoff,
you would probably agree with me that SOME kind of regulation was
required.

So, I'm sorry that my last started to verge on hostile, and used
terminology that probably riled you when you read it. Unfortuately,
my abstraction really cannot kick yer abstraction's ass. That's the
way abstractions are.

-Richard, His Kanubic Travesty
Richard Hopley, Winston-Salem, NC, USA
rhopley[at]earthlink[dot]net 1-301-775-0471
Nothing really matters except Boats, Sex, and Rock'n'Roll.
rhopley[at]wfubmc[dot]edu 1-336-713-5077
OK, OK; computer programming for scientific research also matters.