Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default This is getting old...

On Mon, 31 Mar 2014 12:42:37 -0400, "Sir Gregory Hall, Esq."
wrote:

Our 4 L16HC batterie$ gave up the gho$t at the dock, and will no longer hold
a charge overnight.

Batteries are like that. Replace them every three years and replace
them as a group. Don't buy anything but old-fashioned, flooded, deep-
cycle 12V marine batteries. Case size 24 or 27. Nothing larger. Derive
your amperage capacity from getting as many as you require. In your
case, probably about 12 case size 24 or 10 case size 27.

===

Not good advice in my experience. We're having really good service
out of a set of Trojan T-145 heavy duty golf cart batteries. They
cost more of course but are much better than the standard Trojans and
infinitely better than the Sam's Club variety. We are now at year 5
and they are still going strong.

====
PS our new $ea Fro$t refrigeration is struggling, too,
maybe batteries, maybe the water pump with gunge from our grounding.

===

I TOLD you not to get Sea Frost brand as it's a POS. Throw it all
overboard and get an Adler Barbour air cooled unit. In your case
you probably need two of them. It's a simple system and quite
efficient. Mine's been working like a champ now for over two years
since I fixed a hole in the tubing going into the evaporator with
electrical tape.

===

I agree with that. We have two independent A-Bs which I installed
myself. I carry everything I need to service them including gage
set, vacuum pump, leak checker and extra R-134a. One of the units
has never needed service. The second one had a hairline crack at the
quick disconnect fitting which was probably my fault. Once
discovered, I re-soldered it, and has been trouble free since. We
also have an Engel chest type fridge/freezer depending on settings. It
runs on either 110AC or 12 volt DC whith automatic fail over. It's a
great unit which will keep Hagen Daz ice cream frozen at sub zero.

====

Throw it all overboard. You'll be shocked at how good it makes you
feel. Go with a couple brand new air-cooled Adler Barbours.

===

Skip, check your GMAIL.