Frank Healy

Default Canoe and kayak safety

Really quite ammused at the idea of being paid. Spend lots of personal
time and money teaching people. Tonight I had three 7,8,16 yrs old and
everyone had a great time. You do not need to spend a fortune to learn
the basics. Here in the UK we have plenty of clubs who are only to happy
to welcome you in - regret I do not know what happens in the rest of the
world. We as a club have got more young people wanting to take up the
sport than we can manage. With regards to that which must not be spoken
about we have been using them for the last couple of years with people
with disabilities in sprint racing. Most have found them of use when
starting out. They aim to dispense with them after a short period when
they build up confidence and ability. Like most devices they do have a
use in confidence building but if you have to rely on artificial aids
then you really need to consider if you are taking part in the right
activity.

Frank Healy