Randy Hodges

Default Whitewater park in Downtown Reno Nevada

(Bobo) wrote in message . com...
Randy,

I'm not from the Reno area, but I often have business that takes me
there. How does one find out if the whitewater parks is open or is it
open year around? Is there a local telephone number or an Intenet
site that can give me a current status on access and water level?

Bobo,

The Whitewater park is open all year long. It really isn't controlled
in any way. It is just there. Show-up whenever you want and use it.
Some people have been on it after dark.

The best flow site is probably
http://waterdata.usgs.gov/ca/nwis/uv...ter_cd =00060

That will give you the flow a dozen miles up stream. The flow at the
park will be 80-90% of that.

Randy