finding Mariner engine year from serial number

Old June 23rd 07, 04:50 PM posted to rec.boats
joe smith

Default finding Mariner engine year from serial number

I have an old (I think 80s) 2hp Mariner motor for pushing around my
dink. I'm trying to ID the year so that I can get the right carb rebuild
kit. Our local parts place could identify the motor with the software
they have? I thought this was weird since the place I used to use for
OMC parts could tell me all about the motor using the serial number.
Could any of you gentlemen lead me in the right direction?
Thanks, MMC.
Old June 23rd 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.boats
joe smith

joe smith wrote:
I have an old (I think 80s) 2hp Mariner motor for pushing around my
dink. I'm trying to ID the year so that I can get the right carb rebuild
kit. Our local parts place could identify the motor with the software
they have? I thought this was weird since the place I used to use for
OMC parts could tell me all about the motor using the serial number.
Could any of you gentlemen lead me in the right direction?
Thanks, MMC.

Ooops, I mean't the place "couldn't" identify the motor.
Old June 25th 07, 04:50 AM posted to rec.boats
trainfan1

joe smith wrote:
I have an old (I think 80s) 2hp Mariner motor for pushing around my
dink. I'm trying to ID the year so that I can get the right carb rebuild
kit. Our local parts place could identify the motor with the software
they have? I thought this was weird since the place I used to use for
OMC parts could tell me all about the motor using the serial number.
Could any of you gentlemen lead me in the right direction?
Thanks, MMC.

Post the model & serial # and I will check it out for you.

Rob
Old June 25th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.boats
MMC

"trainfan1" wrote in message
et...
joe smith wrote:
I have an old (I think 80s) 2hp Mariner motor for pushing around my dink.
I'm trying to ID the year so that I can get the right carb rebuild kit.
Our local parts place could identify the motor with the software they
have? I thought this was weird since the place I used to use for OMC
parts could tell me all about the motor using the serial number.
Could any of you gentlemen lead me in the right direction?
Thanks, MMC.

Post the model & serial # and I will check it out for you.

Rob

"Mariner 2M 6A1 052461"
Thanks a lot Rob!

Old June 25th 07, 09:22 PM posted to rec.boats
trainfan1

MMC wrote:
"trainfan1" wrote in message
et...
joe smith wrote:
I have an old (I think 80s) 2hp Mariner motor for pushing around my dink.
I'm trying to ID the year so that I can get the right carb rebuild kit.
Our local parts place could identify the motor with the software they
have? I thought this was weird since the place I used to use for OMC
parts could tell me all about the motor using the serial number.
Could any of you gentlemen lead me in the right direction?
Thanks, MMC.

Post the model & serial # and I will check it out for you.

Rob

"Mariner 2M 6A1 052461"
Thanks a lot Rob!

Carry your outboard into a Yamaha dealer... that's about as close as I
can get. This was made in the Japanese years and they should be able to
help you.

Rob
Old June 26th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.boats
MMC

"trainfan1" wrote in message
news
MMC wrote:
"trainfan1" wrote in message
et...
joe smith wrote:
I have an old (I think 80s) 2hp Mariner motor for pushing around my
dink. I'm trying to ID the year so that I can get the right carb
rebuild kit. Our local parts place could identify the motor with the
software they have? I thought this was weird since the place I used to
use for OMC parts could tell me all about the motor using the serial
number.
Could any of you gentlemen lead me in the right direction?
Thanks, MMC.
Post the model & serial # and I will check it out for you.

Rob

"Mariner 2M 6A1 052461"
Thanks a lot Rob!

Carry your outboard into a Yamaha dealer... that's about as close as I can
get. This was made in the Japanese years and they should be able to help
you.

Rob

Ok, thanks Rob.