Redman1hawk

Default Retirement/Boating

Folks, this is my first experience with this newsgroup. I apologize if my
question is redundant.

My wife and I are planning to retire and move to Florida. We are power boaters
and enjoy fishing and cruising. We also enjoy tennis and the beach. Previous
boats have been 20-30ft. in length.

We would appreciate your input on nice areas or communities to retire, with an
emphasis on boating, possibly with canals, yacht club, gated, etc. Cost is not
a big issue.

Thanks,

RedmanHawk

Clams Canino

Someone here is bound to have some answers for that - I'm just saying "hi".

Whatever answer you get, should take into account Fla's endless supply of
Manatee protective no wake areas.

-W

"Redman1hawk" wrote in message
Folks, this is my first experience with this newsgroup. I apologize if my
question is redundant.

My wife and I are planning to retire and move to Florida. We are power

boaters
and enjoy fishing and cruising. We also enjoy tennis and the beach.

Previous
boats have been 20-30ft. in length.

We would appreciate your input on nice areas or communities to retire,

with an
emphasis on boating, possibly with canals, yacht club, gated, etc. Cost

is not
a big issue.

Thanks,

RedmanHawk

Rick & Linda Bernard

What price range are you in?

The Keys are really nice but pricey. Better value for you dollar on the
West coast around Tampa. Get to far north and you get the semi cold
winters. Most who go like it warm year around. I think the East coast has
a better summer - maybe a better sea breeze.

"JohnH" wrote in message
On 04 Sep 2003 19:07:50 GMT, (Redman1hawk) wrote:

Folks, this is my first experience with this newsgroup. I apologize if

my
question is redundant.

My wife and I are planning to retire and move to Florida. We are power

boaters
and enjoy fishing and cruising. We also enjoy tennis and the beach.

Previous
boats have been 20-30ft. in length.

We would appreciate your input on nice areas or communities to retire,

with an
emphasis on boating, possibly with canals, yacht club, gated, etc. Cost

is not
a big issue.

Thanks,

RedmanHawk

Redman, you must first answer a basic question. Which do you prefer, the

sunrise
(east coast) or the sunset (west coast) ? Once you've answered that

question,
half the battle is over. I've lived on both sides, Cocoa Beach and Tampa.

I did
not own a boat at the time, but I was able to mess around a little with

friends.
The St John's River, on the east side, has some great fresh water fishing.

Tampa
Bay has some very nice spots, especially the channel for trout.

I liked the people on the west side much more than the people on the east

side.
I can't explain why. The atmosphere just seemed much nicer.

This hasn't answered all your questions, but maybe it'll help narrow the
choices.

John
On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD

PMaszak

My wife and I are planning to retire and move to Florida. We are power
boaters
and enjoy fishing and cruising. We also enjoy tennis and the beach.
Previous
boats have been 20-30ft. in length

We live on the west coast (Sarasota) It's a great place to live & boat. Lots of
culture, good restaurants and lots of boating, from canals to the Gulf. Like
another poster. I think the people are a little friendlier. I attribute that to
a little slower pace.
Good luck.