Default 1978 - More memories of working in a shipyard #1 - scan-1978-Sunship_booklet-01-Edit.jpg [1/1]

On Thu, 4 May 2017 21:16:40 -0400, Kilgore Trout
wrote:

Here are scanned pages from a pamphlet that was originally published as a magazine article about
the Sun Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company.

I was working at the shipyard at this time, in the Mechanical Maintenance (84) department. I've
worked the linear launches as part of the hydraulic team (which literally pushed the ship on
rollers onto the floating dry dock), and also worked on the dry dock pretty much full time at this
point, and on the cranes.

Interesting post and the fact you worked at Sun Ship . Back in the
early 70s I worked for an electronics supply company for two summers
and would make deliveries to the plant . Who would have thought back
then that it would only be a memory now in 2017 !!

In article , says...

wrote:

Here are scanned pages from a pamphlet that was originally published as a magazine article about
the Sun Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company.

I was working at the shipyard at this time, in the Mechanical Maintenance (84) department. I've
worked the linear launches as part of the hydraulic team (which literally pushed the ship on
rollers onto the floating dry dock), and also worked on the dry dock pretty much full time at this
point, and on the cranes.

Interesting post and the fact you worked at Sun Ship . Back in the
early 70s I worked for an electronics supply company for two summers
and would make deliveries to the plant . Who would have thought back
then that it would only be a memory now in 2017 !!

Yeah. If you're interested, there's some info he

http://sunshiporg.homestead.com/

--
Al McCann
albert(dot)mccann(at)outlook(dot)com