posted to rec.boats.paddle.whitewater,rec.boats.paddle

Default need captain for Gates of Lodore trip July 22 to 26

Class III Paddle Captain Needed (July 22- 26), Lodore Canyon

We have a completely planned private trip with food, drinks, permit,
shuttles, and 9 passengers all worked out. One of our boatmen bailed at
the last minute (rrrrrr!). Now we have a spot for a paddle captain and
guest. This is a private trip you will earn no money and should not even
think about going if you need some financial reward.

The cost of the trip should be about $175/person for 5 days on the water
(plus your costs to get to the put-in and back). We currently plan to
rent the raft that you would paddle captain (if you have a raft you can
bring, you will have an advantage over other respondents). We have
paddles, PFDs, straps, and everything else. So, you need to meet us on
7/22/07 in the am at the Gates of Lodore put-in. We will be running the
shuttle first thing in the morning and putting in latter that morning.

You need to be able to demonstrate you are experience at paddle
captaining a boat on Class III or better water. We already have one
novice Class III rower on one boat. We cannot have two boats with novice
captains.

We are looking for laid back folks that are serious about river safety.
We do enjoy cold beer at the end of each day if you are trying to figure
how fun this trip will be. Plus we like side-hiking, hotsprings,
Frisbees, and petroglyphs.

Call Immediately
Mark “Zip” Bowen, 303.918.9076(C), Trip Leader
Todd Bradley, 720.480.4890(C), Trip Organizer