BoatBanter.com

-   Whitewater (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/)
-   -   usgs river levels on your cell (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/71014-usgs-river-levels-your-cell.html)

[email protected] June 23rd 06 09:23 PM

usgs river levels on your cell

Hi, I am new to the group. I thought you would be interested that you
can get river levels via text message on your mobile phone for most of
the US Rivers. Me and a friend built it in our spare time for the
Washington whitewater community and decided to expand it based on
requests from all over the country - it is free of course!

As an example, here are some of the "river short codes" you would use
to get the Oregon river flow by texting to :

WHI - White Salmon
CLA - Clakamas

Pretty much any river you can get to with the first 3 letters. More
codes are at our website.

cheers,
neil
www.paddlespot.com