BoatBanter.com

-   Whitewater (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/)
-   -   Advice on the Dangers of rafting on the Futaleufu (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/65639-advice-dangers-rafting-futaleufu.html)

claudeman1 January 24th 06 04:42 AM

Advice on the Dangers of rafting on the Futaleufu

Hi,
I've rafted in Costa Rica twice before - class 2, 3 and an occasional
4. I'm looking at taking a trip in two months for my 50th birthday to
Patagonia Chile, however I am concerned about the dangers of the class
5 and class 5+ rapids. The tour provider says that many beginners do
the trip, and not to worry, and the firm has an excellent reputation
for comfort and safety, but I wanted to get some impartial feedback.
All replies appreciated.

Claude