Patrick

Default Breakfast

Hi I am building a student website designed to help students cook.
Could you recommend a good healthy water water breakfast before you set
sail. Could you include your picture rafting as this would be including
with your credit on the website.

Thanks

pat

Bigriverunner

Hi Pat,

Breakfast Burritos:

Here is one of the favorite breakfasts we make alot. This goes over
especially well on those Boy Scout high adventure runs down the Middle
Fork of the Salmon.

Prepare as much of this ahead of time as possible in zip lock bags.

We use the large bags in as much as left overs can be used again for
another morning.

Chop or Dice the following into their own separate bags:
(The amounts all vary according the size of the horse you are about to
feed.)

Onions, green peppers, red peppers, olives, left overs from the
previous night, your favorite kinds of schredded cheese and a large
pitcher of egg batter. Also, some good quality, low fat sausage.

We cook each burrito individually for each person.
I try to have 2 or 3 frying pans (small & large) going at the same time
with several extra sets of hands in there helping things to move fast
and smoothly.

(Depending upon the amount of fat in your sausage you may need to have
a can of spray cooking oil available.)

Begin with determing the size of burrito the individual can eat. We
have both 6"and 10". Start in the bottom of the pan with a small
abount of sausage. When it's approximately half way cooked add a
handfull of onions, peppers, olives, and whatever they want. When the
vegi's take on a nice shine add the cheese and pour or laydle on a
meassured amount of eggs, an amount equaling 2 or 3 eggs, again
depending upon the size and needs of the person. When the eggs are
ready place a flour tortia over the entire frying pan and on top of the
tortia place your plate face down, tip the pan upside down onto the
plate 9(there should be no sticking) and hand to the hungry person
waiting for it. This all becomes a very fast process and it doesn't
take long to serve a large amount of people.

You can also have a griddle of hash brown patties ready at the end of
the line.

On another table some where out of the way you have orange juice, sour
cream, salsa, ketchup and whatever else people like to put on their
burritos.

This is a great breakfast that almost everyone loves and is flexible
enough to add whatever ingrediants the person wants as it is being
made.

I haven't had a lot of success attaching photos to these posts,
however, if you go to bigriverunner website, the photo on the front
page of us running Cross Mtn Gorge on the Yampa would be a good pic to
use.

Thanks,

Paul Elledge

www.bigriverunner.com