BoatBanter.com

-   Whitewater (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/)
-   -   Q: Fiberglass Adhesive Question (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/14873-q-fiberglass-adhesive-question.html)

Allen Thompson June 3rd 04 05:35 PM

Q: Fiberglass Adhesive Question

What's the best product to use to patch carbon fiber or fiberglass? Also,
can you please tell me what will glue carbon fiber or fiberglass to
aluminum?

Courtney June 3rd 04 05:49 PM

Fiberglass Adhesive Question

You can go by REI or your local paddling shop and get a fiberglass repair
kit. If they don't have one in stock they should be able to order you one.
I don't know what glue will bond carbon fiber or fiberglass to aluminum,
sorry.

Courtney

link.net...

Bob P June 3rd 04 10:56 PM

Allen Thompson wrote:
What's the best product to use to patch carbon fiber or fiberglass? Also,
can you please tell me what will glue carbon fiber or fiberglass to
aluminum?

West System (http://www.westsystem.com/) has various epoxies for
construction and repair, and I hear that they've got some good aluminum
preparation compounds too. http://www.fibreglast.com/ is another good
source for materials and information.