BoatBanter.com

-   Whitewater (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/)
-   -   Shipping gear to Flagstaff (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/14869-shipping-gear-flagstaff.html)

Carlisle Landel May 31st 04 04:12 AM

Shipping gear to Flagstaff

Hello,

I'm looking for information on the best way to ship gear (rafts, kayaks,
etc.) to Flagstaff for a Grand Canyon trip.

Thanks,

Carlisle Landel

Theodore F. Marz June 1st 04 02:03 PM

Shipping gear to Flagstaff

Is your trip self catered, or is it using a service like PRO or Canyon
REO?

If it is, you can ship gear to the caterer and they will get it to the
put-in with the food pack and any other rented gear.

As for method to get it there... I have no statement. Several
alternatives exist... Sports Express, UPS, and ?? I don't remember,
there is another company that many people ship boats with ??

Ted

springer June 16th 04 08:04 PM

Shipping gear to Flagstaff

I use Fedex Ground. They're half the price of Fedex, but will only
deliver 70lbs to a residential address. UPS will ship up to 150lbs to
a residential address, but doesn't like rubbermaid or unusual
containers. They complain like hell every time I try to ship my raft
in a 55Gal rubbermaid commercial garbage can, but they take it every
time.