BoatBanter.com

-   Whitewater (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/)
-   -   Where to find paddling gear for toddlers/kids (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/14744-where-find-paddling-gear-toddlers-kids.html)

Catherine November 6th 03 08:56 PM

Where to find paddling gear for toddlers/kids

All-
Finally got my nearly 3 yo daughter on whitewater. She loved it, and
the only time she cried was when she had to get out of the boat (which
I can certainly understand - been there, done that!) But the child was
shivering from the cold and wet. I have had little luck finding any
child size paddling gear (splash jacket and pants, socks, helmet and
neoprene. Does anybody have any suggestions? I am handy with a sewing
machine and can make her some things, but I'd rather buy it and be
done with it.
Thanks--
Cathy

John Kuthe November 7th 03 04:17 AM

Catherine wrote:

All-
Finally got my nearly 3 yo daughter on whitewater. She loved it, and
the only time she cried was when she had to get out of the boat (which
I can certainly understand - been there, done that!) But the child was
shivering from the cold and wet. I have had little luck finding any
child size paddling gear (splash jacket and pants, socks, helmet and
neoprene. Does anybody have any suggestions? I am handy with a sewing
machine and can make her some things, but I'd rather buy it and be
done with it.

Kokatat makes kids gear. I bought my son a Kokatat kid's paddling jacket
when he was about 8, I think. Dunno if they have anything to fit a 3
year old.

Go to http://www.kokatat.com and see!

--
John Kuthe,
1st rule of Govt: protect people from Govt