BoatBanter.com

-   Whitewater (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/)
-   -   GAULEY FEST VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/14690-gauley-fest-volunteers-still-needed.html)

Joseph Greiner September 9th 03 12:15 AM

GAULEY FEST VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED

The 2003 Gauley Fest is only 10 days away. This event is the hallmark of
the AW organization and its chief fund raising vehicle. It's also the
largest celebration of whitewater in the country. An event of this size
requires a large supporting cast in order to be a hit.

Please consider signing on for 2 hours to help ensure the success of the
festival and the continued effectiveness of AW (not to mention lowering Joe
and Nancy's blood pressure)

Volunteer shifts still open are listed in priority order below. To volunteer
(and receive a "Volunteers Only - Limited Edition" shirt and the sincere
gratitude of AW staff, members and boaters everywhere,
contact Joe Greiner or Nancy Gilbert via Nancy's e-mail

-or- if necessary, call 919-847-4704

Sat. 9/20, 5 PM to 10 PM - This is our biggest need - pick any 2 hours
helping at the gate

Sat. 9/20, 5 PM to 10 PM - We still need a few people to assist at the
festival itself - pick any 2 hours at the AW Booth, Silent Auction or Raffle

Sun. 9/21, 8 AM to Noon - Pick any 2 hours helping the by-now-exhausted AW
Board and staff tear down & clean up