BoatBanter.com

-   Whitewater (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/)
-   -   Colorado Rafting in August (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/14671-colorado-rafting-august.html)

Kelicama August 23rd 03 03:22 AM

Colorado Rafting in August

Anyone aware of any good commercial rafting trips in Colorado in
August/September? We would like some respectable class III & IV's with minimal
bottom dragging within 3 hours driving time of Denver.

Thanks in advance,

Keith

Bill Tuthill August 25th 03 05:36 PM

Colorado Rafting in August

Kelicama wrote:
Anyone aware of any good commercial rafting trips in Colorado in
August/September? We would like some respectable class III & IV's
with minimal bottom dragging within 3 hours driving time of Denver.

The Arkansas (Royal Gorge) would be the obvious choice, but this year
it's pretty low, only 460 cfs at Parkdale.

The Colorado has several runs, including

Pumphouse to Rancho del Rio (11.6 miles, class III)
Shoshone Run, Exit 123 to Grizzly Creek (1.6 miles, III to IV)
Grizzly Creek to New Castle (15 miles, class II+)

Samwise March 7th 04 05:02 AM

Colorado Rafting in August

In article , Bill Tuthill
wrote:

Kelicama wrote:
Anyone aware of any good commercial rafting trips in Colorado in
August/September? We would like some respectable class III & IV's
with minimal bottom dragging within 3 hours driving time of Denver.

The Arkansas (Royal Gorge) would be the obvious choice, but this year
it's pretty low, only 460 cfs at Parkdale.

The Colorado has several runs, including

Pumphouse to Rancho del Rio (11.6 miles, class III)
Shoshone Run, Exit 123 to Grizzly Creek (1.6 miles, III to IV)
Grizzly Creek to New Castle (15 miles, class II+)

Wes****er Canyon, just west of the Colorado/Utah border is maybe 5 hrs.
from Denver, but you'll get III/III+ on the Colorado, 18 miles. Or put
on at Loma (above) to add 21 miles to the trip. Check Adventure Bound,
www.raftcolorado.com. They do a nice job, day trip or overnight.
Consider using their inflatable kayaks for an extra challenge.

--
Lose the ring to reply.

Samwise March 7th 04 06:16 AM

Colorado Rafting in August