BoatBanter.com

-   Whitewater (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/)
-   -   ally folding canoes? (https://www.boatbanter.com/whitewater/14636-ally-folding-canoes.html)

prophanger July 7th 03 06:19 PM

ally folding canoes?

Does anyone in the group has some experience with thiese boats?

Thx,

Jan and Cristina(Belgium= not a canoe-minded country)

Randy Hodges July 8th 03 06:08 PM

ally folding canoes?

I think you are more likely to get an answer at rec.boats.paddle.touring

Randy

Paul J. Knoerr July 8th 03 08:12 PM

ally folding canoes?

Though, I've never actually paddled an Ally, but I've seen the 17foot
tandem in action and it sure seems to be a nice folding tandem. I
have paddled Pakboats similar folding canoe (The 140 - 14 foot solo
canoe) on a 120 mile 7 day trip. It performed great and made air
travel with the boat, pack and paddles a true joy. I think you'll be
impressed with the performance of either the Ally or the Pakboat.
Both are well built and paddle as well as anyone could expect.

PK