BoatBanter.com

-   UK Power Boats (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-power-boats/)
-   -   new to boating (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-power-boats/21671-new-boating.html)

Steve August 18th 04 10:17 PM

new to boating

Hi - I don't have a huge amount of experience yet, but am trying to build it
up and passed the level 2 powerboat last weekend. Am looking at getting the
first boat - kids range in age, youngest is under 4 oldest is 15 (passed the
level 2 with me). Wife not keen on a RIB because of kids ages and prefers
something along the lines of the Regal sportsboats style - looked at a
bowrider 1800 and 2000. I can see her point about the RIB - though great
fun !

Anyone use a RIB with young kids - obviously speed etc has to be restricted
when youngsters on board - more generally though are RIBS useable with kids
or would I be better off with a more traditional "enclosed" with seats
approach for the first boat ?

My ambitions are modest at present - build up experience and get the whole
family involved.

Thanks for any thoughts

Steve

Brian Sweeting August 19th 04 10:27 PM

I haven't been on a RIB but my thoughts would be that unless you can the
kids to sit still at all times then you need to look for something more
stable.

Brian