BoatBanter.com

-   UK Power Boats (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-power-boats/)
-   -   hot horn or heat sensor (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-power-boats/13121-hot-horn-heat-sensor.html)

mike June 8th 04 08:35 PM

hot horn or heat sensor

I have an 1982 85 Johnson. The hot horn started to go off after doing a
quick move to a fishing hole. While still trolling the horn stopped and
allowed me to continue fishing for 3-4 hours? The first thing I did was
check for weeds at the intake, none, then I took the cover off and felt the
power head, warm but not hot? When I fired up in driveway all was pumping.
I tore apart last year to check impeller and it was good? Is there maybe a
faulty sensor making the hot horn go off?

All input accepted and appreciated
Thanks