BoatBanter.com

-   UK Power Boats (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-power-boats/)
-   -   Windermere in late October? (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-power-boats/12938-re-windermere-late-october.html)

Nick August 23rd 03 05:56 PM

Windermere in late October?

In article , Wilson Bolsover
writes
Hi

I am thinking of taking my Fletcher 17 GTS up to Windermere in October half
term (last week of October). The only potential drawback is that it is a
long(ish) way to tow if the weather is likely to make using the boat very
wet/uncomfortable.

What are the chances of getting a few good days for some decent boating in
an open sportsboat?

It's the Lake District. The lakes are there because it rains all the
time!! :)

Having said that, some of our best days have been in mid winter there.
Anyway, to answer your question, yes you might get a couple of nice days
but you cannot guarantee it...
--
Nick