BoatBanter.com

-   UK Paddle (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-paddle/)
-   -   Anyone familiar with Mi Design's 380 kayak of a few years back? (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-paddle/71376-anyone-familiar-mi-designs-380-kayak-few-years-back.html)

Jack D July 4th 06 07:16 PM

Anyone familiar with Mi Design's 380 kayak of a few years back?

Anyone familiar with Mi Design's 380 kayak (from a few years ago)? Are
they any good? I need to do a two-mile trip along a stretch of the
South Coast and back on a calm day, and wondered if it would be
suitable. Someone has offered to lend me one. It was made by
A.C.Canoe.

Thank you,

Jack D

Alan Adams July 5th 06 07:46 PM

Anyone familiar with Mi Design's 380 kayak of a few years back?

In message
Jack D wrote:

Anyone familiar with Mi Design's 380 kayak (from a few years ago)? Are
they any good? I need to do a two-mile trip along a stretch of the
South Coast and back on a calm day, and wondered if it would be
suitable. Someone has offered to lend me one. It was made by
A.C.Canoe.

We've still got one. It doesn't get used a lot, because of its weight.

It should be suitable, provided it IS a calm day - it would catch the
wind a bit I suspect.

Thank you,

Jack D

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire

http://www.nckc.org.uk/

Jack D July 6th 06 12:34 PM

Anyone familiar with Mi Design's 380 kayak of a few years back?

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 19:46:45 +0100, Alan Adams
wrote:

Anyone familiar with Mi Design's 380 kayak (from a few years ago)? Are
they any good? I need to do a two-mile trip along a stretch of the
South Coast and back on a calm day, and wondered if it would be
suitable. Someone has offered to lend me one. It was made by
A.C.Canoe.

We've still got one. It doesn't get used a lot, because of its weight.

It should be suitable, provided it IS a calm day - it would catch the
wind a bit I suspect.

Thanks for the input! How woud you envisage it handling in rougher
water? (I'm not very familiar with kayaks,being more of a canoeist).

Jack D

Alan Adams July 6th 06 05:52 PM

wrote:

Anyone familiar with Mi Design's 380 kayak (from a few years ago)? Are
they any good? I need to do a two-mile trip along a stretch of the
South Coast and back on a calm day, and wondered if it would be
suitable. Someone has offered to lend me one. It was made by
A.C.Canoe.

We've still got one. It doesn't get used a lot, because of its weight.

It should be suitable, provided it IS a calm day - it would catch the
wind a bit I suspect.

Thanks for the input! How woud you envisage it handling in rougher
water? (I'm not very familiar with kayaks,being more of a canoeist).

It should be good - it is a white-water design, just a few years
older, and built like a tank.

Jack D

Jack D July 6th 06 10:36 PM

Anyone familiar with Mi Design's 380 kayak of a few years back?

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 17:52:03 +0100, Alan Adams
wrote:

It should be good - it is a white-water design, just a few years
older, and built like a tank.

Thanks for the reassurance! It seems to be made of something like the
plastic they use for petrol cans - polyethelene or something.

Jack D