BoatBanter.com

-   UK Paddle (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-paddle/)
-   -   tips on paddling and shooting with Pentax Optio WP (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-paddle/64044-tips-paddling-shooting-pentax-optio-wp.html)

Marek \Wayfarer\ December 12th 05 01:45 PM

tips on paddling and shooting with Pentax Optio WP

http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/...808/index.html

I am trying to collect a list of tips on paddling and shooting with
Pentax Optio WP. Do you have more suggestions or comments?

Marek

[email protected] December 14th 05 11:46 PM

tips on paddling and shooting with Pentax Optio WP

Nice idea. A lot of those tips are transferable to paddling
photography in general.

I've just got my Optio WPi and I'm very impressed so far. Its so
convenient to have a mobile phone-sized camera thats waterproof and is
unnoticeable in my b/aid, yet will take decent 6mp photos and smooth
video.

Tips? Don't zoom whilst taking movies (it uses digital zoom). If you
zoom prior to recording, it will use the optical zoom and you retain
good quality.

To protect the case and crucially, the lens glass, I created a slim
pocase using some old wetsuit neoprene and evostik. Its just an open
ended pouch but does the trick.

Mine just survived 10days on the White Nile in my b/aid. Photos he
http://gallery15608.fotopic.net/