BoatBanter.com

-   UK Paddle (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-paddle/)
-   -   what is skiffing (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-paddle/39397-what-skiffing.html)

laurence June 12th 05 11:05 AM

what is skiffing

I was asked today what skiffing is does anyone here know?

Eiron June 12th 05 11:19 AM

laurence wrote:

I was asked today what skiffing is does anyone here know?

Perhaps you mean sculling. A skiff is a rowing boat and sculling
is what you do in it with a couple of oars.
Check out the basics: http://www.rowingnsw.asn.au/handbook/basics.html

--
Eiron.

peter June 13th 05 09:52 PM

On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 11:19 +0100, Eiron wrote:
laurence wrote:

A skiff is a rowing boat and sculling
is what you do in it with a couple of oars.

A skiff is also a type of sailing dinghy - one designed to plane easily,
usually very fast and sailed from a trapeze.