BoatBanter.com

-   UK Paddle (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-paddle/)
-   -   Kayaking Trips in Europe (https://www.boatbanter.com/uk-paddle/15077-kayaking-trips-europe.html)

Ben April 7th 04 09:37 AM

Kayaking Trips in Europe

I would like to spend a week or two paddling downriver, camping as we
go, somewhere in Europe. Does anyone know where you can rent two-man
canoes for leisurely paddles in France, Spain, Czech republic, or
anywhere really. I'm not after white water, just relaxation and a nice
wee adventure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

Wilko April 7th 04 11:55 AM

Kayaking Trips in Europe

Ben wrote:

I would like to spend a week or two paddling downriver, camping as we
go, somewhere in Europe. Does anyone know where you can rent two-man
canoes for leisurely paddles in France, Spain, Czech republic, or
anywhere really. I'm not after white water, just relaxation and a nice
wee adventure.

In France there are options for that in the Ardeche or on the Tarn for
example. In the Czech republic the Vltava (Moldau) river is very well
suited for that (along with many other rivers in CZ). The Czech people
have a long history of paddling this river, so you can find canoes for
rent everywhere and little (very cheap!) campsites next to the river are
also plentiful. Be warned though that in the summer there will be a lot
of (mostly Czech) people on the rivers...

HTH.

Wilko

Wilko van den Bergh wilko(a@t dse d.o.t)nl
Eindhoven The Netherlands Europe
Look at the possibilities, don't worry about the limitations.
http://wilko.webzone.ru/

Charlie April 7th 04 02:50 PM

Kayaking Trips in Europe

(Ben) wrote in message . com...
I would like to spend a week or two paddling downriver, camping as we
go, somewhere in Europe.

Peter Knowles' "White Water Massif Central"[1] lists lots of options
in central France and is aimed square at the more liesurely end of the
paddling spectrum. I could check the section on rentals if you can't
get hold of a copy.

I've spent a wee bit of time down in The Auvergne, there were a few
kayak hire places on The Lott but I dinno about canoes. Most of these
places seemed geared up for day trips where they'd shuttle you to the
start and pick you up at the end. Trully spectacular scenery though.

[1] long link, make sure you get it all.

Phil M April 7th 04 08:09 PM

Kayaking Trips in Europe

(Charlie) wrote:
[1] long link, make sure you get it all.

You might find
http://www.tinyurl.com helpful in situations like
this... your long Amazon address becomes http://tinyurl.com/3co82

HTH,