David Kemper

Default BCU - death of democracy and the constitution

"Peter Clinch" wrote in message
David Kemper wrote:

Coming back over the Wye at Ross on Wye I saw a sculling pair out on

the
river. I've never spotted any flat water activity there before

today.

They have (or at least had) a rowing regatta there every summer. I
found this out by being on an oil-drum raft negotiating the river the
same day back when I was in the scouts, and the two types of craft not
being terribly compatible they very sportingly towed us down with

their
safety boat between races.

I came past Ross at about 6.30 -7.00 (can't recall the exact time),
which is later than I normally cross that bridge, so it is quite
possible that a local club train in the early evening. If I pass that
way earlier in the day they probably don't go out on the water that
early.

There is a canoe club and rowing club sharing a building at Hereford,
which is also on the Wye. I have raced there several times.

I worked at Grantham (Lincs.), East Bridgford, and Mansfield (Notts)
today, but I can't do the accents. Lots of odd kayaks around, but all on
roofracks travelling somewhere, just not the same somewhere!

David
Not a fan of power rafts. ;-)

Allan Bennett

In article , David Kemper
wrote:

David
Not a fan of power rafts. ;-)

Trying to get something relevant (or interesting...) from the 'discussion' -
these 'power rafts' - nothing to do with BCU power-freak-bureaucrats by any
chance??? Or is there a typo in there somewhere?

Allan Bennett
Not a fan of floating voters

Jel Coward

Default sponsons

Hi all

A while back I remember reading on here about some very interesting
devices called sponsons. Does anyone know where I could get some?

Cheers ;-)
--
Jel Coward

The UK Wilderness Emergency Medical Technician and Command Physician course is
9th-15th November 2003 at Glenmore Lodge, Aviemore, Scotland

http://www.wildmedic.org
http://www.wemsi.org

'There's no such thing as bad weather - just bad clothing"
Anon Norwegian
Ian Snowdon

In message , Jel Coward
scribes
Hi all

A while back I remember reading on here about some very interesting
devices called sponsons. Does anyone know where I could get some?

Cheers ;-)

Aaaaagggghhhhhh!!!! KILL
--
Snowy

occ

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 22:02:59 -0700, Jel Coward
wrote:

Hi all

A while back I remember reading on here about some very interesting
devices called sponsons. Does anyone know where I could get some?

Hi
I think some guy in the states sell them

John O'Connell

Wood burning camp stoves
www.occuk.co.uk/outdoor

Peter Goedhart

Aaaaagggghhhhhh!!!! KILL

Here doggie, kill and attack
O, no more sponsons

Jel Coward

In article , occ
writes
I think some guy in the states sell them

Thanks - I have to confess to have been joking though - a reference to
the bad old days of 'sponson guy' on this list.

Cheers
--
Jel
Nidge

occ wrote

Does anyone know where I could get some?

I think some guy in the states sell them

There's guys in the states still do frontal lobotomies too - but it doesn't
meant they're a *good* thing ;-P

Nidge

Widge292

I've got some, brand new never used with all the straps etc.NE England.

Pete

Death of David Jones Dennis Gibbons Cruising 6 December 19th 03 11:43 PM
On Topic: Anniversary of Jack London's death Harry Krause General 0 November 23rd 03 01:17 AM
Parker Death Trap akheel General 7 September 29th 03 06:19 PM
Death be not proud Don ßailey General 0 September 29th 03 03:07 PM