BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   Vancouver BC in August or September (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/70430-vancouver-bc-august-september.html)

BeeRich June 6th 06 01:10 PM

Vancouver BC in August or September

Hi folks. Question for you paddle heads.

I'm going to start to try to sell my paddling buddy on a week's trip to
Vancouver for a 5 day kayak trip. We're from Toronto and have done
some East Coast stuff (Nova Scotia) and lots of Ontario trips. We love
camping, but we don't know Vancouver and the area too well.

We don't mind driving. We'll rent a car and put kayaks on top of the
thing. We will rent from downtown Vancouver or North Vancouver. Done
it before in various places.

Where should we go? What is THE trip out there?

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Cheers

[email protected] June 26th 06 03:04 AM

Vancouver BC in August or September

I'm going to start to try to sell my paddling buddy on a week's trip to
Vancouver for a 5 day kayak trip. We're from Toronto and have done
some East Coast stuff (Nova Scotia) and lots of Ontario trips. We love
camping, but we don't know Vancouver and the area too well.

Where should we go? What is THE trip out there?

I paddle around Vancouver Island or the BC mainland every summer, and there
are too many great places to list here. Best thing I would recommend: Do a
Google search for kayak tour operators in BC (there are dozens of them) and
then look at the places where they run trips. Places like the Discovery
Islands (around Quadra Island), Desolation Sound, the Gulf Islands, Nootka
Sound, the Broken Group Islands, Sechelt Inlet, etc etc. They are all
magnificent!

You can't go wrong up there, and you'll have a great time.

JEP