BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   Poudre River - trip report & slide show (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/62566-poudre-river-trip-report-slide-show.html)

Marek \Wayfarer\ November 8th 05 12:50 PM

Poudre River - trip report & slide show

http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/...405/index.html

The Poudre River in northern Colorado is fed by snow melting in Rocky
Mountains, so a typical paddling season starts sometime in May. It lasts
till July or sometimes till August depending on the actual snow pack.
For the rest of the year the river turns into a trickle.

However, it is worth to watch on-line data from water gauges along the
river. In the end of October we got water due to release from Horsetooth
Reservoir: up to 1000 cfs in Fort Collins and more than 500 cfs in Greeley.

I paddled from Windsor to Greeley in my Sisson Nucleus: high water, very
last fall colors, rain showers, narrow and twisty channel in some
places. I even did some swimming. Pentax Optio WP didn't mind beeing wet.

Marek
http://www.MarekUliasz.com