BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   Information on current regulations governing Sea-Kayaking (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/46859-information-current-regulations-governing-sea-kayaking.html)

Mungo Bulge August 1st 05 09:00 PM

Information on current regulations governing Sea-Kayaking

http://www.tc.gc.ca/BoatingSafety/pu...ayak-Guide.pdf

or bits and pieces

http://www.tc.gc.ca/BoatingSafety/pubs/kayak/menu.htm

[email protected] August 2nd 05 01:56 PM

Canadian Coast Guard and The Office of Boating safety also has a free
video. It is on DVD and is free. There are some nice photos of
Newfoundland and BC.
This video ( Every trip A Return Trip ) is all kayak safety related.
Its a decent video and considering its free it will be the best value
for money you ever get on kayaking .
The safety pamphlet comes in French and the video has a bilingual
option.
CCG and OBS is trying.

Oci-One Kanubi August 2nd 05 05:24 PM

wrote:
Canadian Coast Guard and The Office of Boating safety also has a free
video. It is on DVD and is free. There are some nice photos of
Newfoundland and BC.
This video ( Every trip A Return Trip ) is all kayak safety related.
Its a decent video and considering its free it will be the best value
for money you ever get on kayaking .
The safety pamphlet comes in French and the video has a bilingual
option.
CCG and OBS is trying.

Sounds great. How much does it cost?

-Richard

Don Freeman August 2nd 05 06:38 PM

"Oci-One Kanubi" wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:
Canadian Coast Guard and The Office of Boating safety also has a free
video. It is on DVD and is free. There are some nice photos of
Newfoundland and BC.
This video ( Every trip A Return Trip ) is all kayak safety related.
Its a decent video and considering its free it will be the best value
for money you ever get on kayaking .
The safety pamphlet comes in French and the video has a bilingual
option.
CCG and OBS is trying.

Sounds great. How much does it cost?

I don't know but it sounds expensive.

Brian Nystrom August 4th 05 12:51 PM

PG wrote:
Didn't he say it was free? However, I guess that there is a mailing cost...

Methinks you missed the joke...

PG August 4th 05 07:35 PM

"Brian Nystrom" wrote in message
PG wrote:
Didn't he say it was free? However, I guess that there is a mailing
cost...

Methinks you missed the joke...

Me thinks my funnybone needs an upgrade... :-#

[email protected] August 6th 05 04:31 AM

The joke was I repeated free twice.
It is kind of funny being asked how much it was. again.

[email protected] August 6th 05 02:29 PM

I asked about shipping costs, apparently if you are with a kayak club
the Office of Boating Safety will send a bunch of them anywhere in
Canada at their expense. They will also send them out one at a time to
individuals.
The reasoning is if they can stop a couple of people getting lost in
the first place the expense of a DVD $0.60 +- is well spent.
A search costs Coast Guard a little more than 60 cents.