BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   You never know where the next capsize is coming from... (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/27022-you-never-know-where-next-capsize-coming.html)

MikeSoja January 10th 05 10:54 PM

You never know where the next capsize is coming from...

A friend turned up the link, and wondered if I knew that trick.
It's about 2 megs:

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesG/regis...du_kayak1.mpeg

It looks real to me, and it looks amazing that the person in the
kayak was able to roll back up. Amazing.

Mike Soja

[email protected] January 11th 05 02:16 AM

Amazing!

Joanne January 11th 05 02:24 AM

"MikeSoja" wrote in message

A friend turned up the link, and wondered if I knew that trick.
It's about 2 megs:

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesG/regis...du_kayak1.mpeg

It looks real to me, and it looks amazing that the person in the
kayak was able to roll back up. Amazing.

Mike Soja

Thank you, Mike. That is the most wonderful thing I've seen in a long time.

--
Sincerely,
Joanne

If it's right for you, then it's right, . . . . . for you!!!

Play - http://www.jobird.com
Pay for Play - http://www.jobird.com/refund.htm
Looking for Love? - http://www.jobird.com/hearts.htm
Garden Kinder CDs
http://www.jobird.com/cd/gardenkinderhome.html

Don Freeman January 11th 05 04:32 PM

"Melissa" wrote in message
A friend turned up the link, and wondered if I knew that trick. It's
about 2 megs:

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesG/regis...du_kayak1.mpeg

This particular video has been bouncing around for a few years now,
and there are questions about its authenticity as unedited footage.
It was used in a commercial for "Powerade". Here's the complete
commercial:

http://www.jengajam.com/r/Powerade-Advert-MPEG

More info on this manufactured footage:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/kayak.asp

MikeSoja January 11th 05 05:51 PM

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:32:16 GMT, "Don Freeman"
posted:

"Melissa" wrote in message

A friend turned up the link, and wondered if I knew that trick. It's
about 2 megs:

http://www.rense.com/1.imagesG/regis...du_kayak1.mpeg

This particular video has been bouncing around for a few years now,
and there are questions about its authenticity as unedited footage.
It was used in a commercial for "Powerade". Here's the complete
commercial:

http://www.jengajam.com/r/Powerade-Advert-MPEG

More info on this manufactured footage:
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/kayak.asp

Ha! I am finally forced to agree, but not just because snopes says
so. Just found this:

http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/orca-02.html

The featured whale on the right there is the same one in the video.
The mountains in the background are the same, too. Powerade edited
the kayaks in!

Thanks for everyone's responses. I really fell for the thing at
first.

Mike Soja

riverman January 11th 05 08:39 PM

"MikeSoja" wrote in message

Ha! I am finally forced to agree, but not just because snopes says
so. Just found this:

http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/orca-02.html

The featured whale on the right there is the same one in the video.
The mountains in the background are the same, too. Powerade edited
the kayaks in!

Thanks for everyone's responses. I really fell for the thing at
first.

How on earth did you find that picture??

--riverman

Don Freeman January 11th 05 09:10 PM

"riverman" wrote in message

"MikeSoja" wrote in message

Ha! I am finally forced to agree, but not just because snopes says
so. Just found this:

http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/orca-02.html

How on earth did you find that picture??

If you google on "orca" and use the images menu option it comes up on the
second page.

MikeSoja January 11th 05 09:19 PM

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:39:28 +0100, "riverman"
posted:

"MikeSoja" wrote in message
.. .

Ha! I am finally forced to agree, but not just because snopes says
so. Just found this:

http://www.all-creatures.org/anex/orca-02.html

The featured whale on the right there is the same one in the video.
The mountains in the background are the same, too. Powerade edited
the kayaks in!

Thanks for everyone's responses. I really fell for the thing at
first.

How on earth did you find that picture??

I'm a good searcher! ;-)

Persistent, too.

I don't remember specifically now, but at one point I was searching
on "orca breach", and checking almost every link returned.

I'd still like to find the original video, but I looked at a
reasonable chunk of what's out there and I didn't see it.

Mike Soja