BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   Old Town PACK canoe question (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/25284-old-town-pack-canoe-question.html)

Abuelo November 17th 04 09:28 PM

Old Town PACK canoe question

Anyone using an Old Town PACK solo canoe? Or have past experience? Looking
for comments positive or negative. Looking at a used one that is for sale.

Abuelo

Please reply to

Thanks

canoeart November 20th 04 07:07 PM

"Abuelo" wrote in message ...
Anyone using an Old Town PACK solo canoe? Or have past experience? Looking
for comments positive or negative. Looking at a used one that is for sale.

Abuelo

Please reply to

Thanks

Hi, I owned a OT Pack for 4 years and liked it very much,, I single
paddled it for a couple years,then started double paddling it, in
order to keep up with the kayakers on day trips. For everyday paddling
on fla****er, lakes, ponds ect. it is great, ic can hold up to 400
lbs, so it could be used for touring, I switch to the Dagger Sojourn
solo canoe, because it was narrower, 15' and by dropping seat a couple
inches, allows me to glide through the water a lot easier and tracking
is much better than the pack, becaouse the Pack has, flat bottom and
it is wider, remember shorte/wider, will act slower, longer/narrow
will act faster and tracking is improved. Nothing wrong with the Pack,
if you do not buy it let me know, I would like to own another Pack for
doing other things like fishing, you also could acually stand up in
it.

I hope this helped, how much are they asking for the Pack? and how old
is it and of course what is the condition.

Art