BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   Kayak storage in Chicago (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/22733-kayak-storage-chicago.html)

Jake Janovetz September 14th 04 12:27 AM

Kayak storage in Chicago

Hello-

I've got a couple kayaks that I'd like to store near water (not having
the space in an apartment or a car to move them with). Does anyone
know of an economical way to do this?

The Chicago River Rowing Club and Lincoln Park Boat Club offer
storage, but you need to be a member (annual fee + storage fee). They
still aren't too bad, but I was hoping for something even cheaper
($300/yr).

Cheers,
Jake

Dan Valleskey September 15th 04 03:11 AM

Wow- good luck dude. 300 bucks- that stinks. What about something up
toward Milwaukee, or maybe over by Michigan City?

Makes me realize how lucky I have it- many boats to choose from in the
carport, and a lake out the back door.

-Dan V.

Dave Van September 15th 04 01:10 PM

It's a problem.

Kayaking is not exactly the ideal sport for those without storage or means
of transport around this City.

The original poster could make an offer on this property:

http://www.prupref.com/real-estate/o...ing_id=1171983

Hmmmm.... Maybe we should get a dozen Chicago Kayakers together and go in on
it.

DV

bdubya September 17th 04 05:22 PM

wrote:

Hello-

I've got a couple kayaks that I'd like to store near water (not having
the space in an apartment or a car to move them with). Does anyone
know of an economical way to do this?

The Chicago River Rowing Club and Lincoln Park Boat Club offer
storage, but you need to be a member (annual fee + storage fee). They
still aren't too bad, but I was hoping for something even cheaper
($300/yr).

Have you checked with the Park District? I believe you can rent
on-beach storage at Montrose Beach, possibly at other locations.

bw