BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   paddling with palms (handheld) (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/14569-paddling-palms-handheld.html)

Paul Heraty June 15th 04 05:54 AM

paddling with palms (handheld)

Sorry if you have covered the topic already ...
but I'm intrigued by all the shareware and capabilities of handhelds now.

I'm using Tidetool, and its brilliant in town. Took my palm on my last
short trip and it was sort of useful.
I'm interested in other applications, and uses out there. Any thoughts?

Laurent Rochette June 15th 04 07:32 PM

Paul Heraty wrote:
Sorry if you have covered the topic already ...
but I'm intrigued by all the shareware and capabilities of handhelds now.

I'm using Tidetool, and its brilliant in town. Took my palm on my last
short trip and it was sort of useful.
I'm interested in other applications, and uses out there. Any thoughts?

You can of course connect your PDA (Palm or PocketPC) to a GPS with some
mapping software. Keep track of your mileage and location.
Can also be used in your car for direction.

Laurent

Galen Hekhuis June 15th 04 07:45 PM

paddling with palms (handheld)

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 11:32:43 -0700, Laurent Rochette
wrote:

Paul Heraty wrote:
Sorry if you have covered the topic already ...
but I'm intrigued by all the shareware and capabilities of handhelds now.

I'm using Tidetool, and its brilliant in town. Took my palm on my last
short trip and it was sort of useful.
I'm interested in other applications, and uses out there. Any thoughts?

You can of course connect your PDA (Palm or PocketPC) to a GPS with some
mapping software. Keep track of your mileage and location.
Can also be used in your car for direction.

If you go to www.dreamon.con you can buy a little device that plugs into
your paddle so all you have to do is plug in your destination and you can
sit back and relax.

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
We are the CroMagnon of the future

Paul Heraty June 20th 04 06:25 AM

paddling with palms (handheld)

wrote:

Paul Heraty wrote:
Sorry if you have covered the topic already ...
but I'm intrigued by all the shareware and capabilities of handhelds now.

I'm using Tidetool, and its brilliant in town. Took my palm on my last
short trip and it was sort of useful.
I'm interested in other applications, and uses out there. Any thoughts?

You can of course connect your PDA (Palm or PocketPC) to a GPS with some
mapping software. Keep track of your mileage and location.
Can also be used in your car for direction.

If you go to www.dreamon.con you can buy a little device that plugs into
your paddle so all you have to do is plug in your destination and you can
sit back and relax.

Galen Hekhuis NpD, JFR, GWA
We are the CroMagnon of the future

If only it would make a decent cup of coffee as well (or maybe that's
version 5?).