BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   canoes wanted (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/14546-canoes-wanted.html)

John Ernst May 28th 04 10:31 PM

canoes wanted

I have a friend that is looking to buy a used canoe/canoes. I think he would
like 1-3 of them, but he doesn't want to pay an awful lot for one, I think
up to the $400.00 to $500.00 range is what he is looking for. Obviously this
won't buy him a Mad River, or Old Town canoe. I think he is looking for a
aluminum or fiberglass canoe that he and his kids can bang around in.

If anyone knows of one within the 52537 zip code please e-mail me at

Thanks, John Ernst

Gary S. May 29th 04 12:07 AM

canoes wanted

On Fri, 28 May 2004 16:31:27 -0500, "John Ernst"
wrote:

I have a friend that is looking to buy a used canoe/canoes. I think he would
like 1-3 of them, but he doesn't want to pay an awful lot for one, I think
up to the $400.00 to $500.00 range is what he is looking for. Obviously this
won't buy him a Mad River, or Old Town canoe. I think he is looking for a
aluminum or fiberglass canoe that he and his kids can bang around in.

If anyone knows of one within the 52537 zip code please e-mail me at

A trip to a local shop which sell canoes may help, as many have a
bulletin board for private sales of used gear.

At the end of the season, shops which do rentals might sell off used
rental boats.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Mike McCrea May 31st 04 06:14 PM

canoes wanted

John,

You might want to try posting a message to the Hoosier Canoe Club
message board, and checking their Gear Swap message board as well:

http://www.hoosiercanoeclub.org/

Jared Richardson June 2nd 04 02:09 AM

canoes wanted

http://www.madrivercanoe.com/product...e#Adventure-16

Here's a brand new Mad River that retails for $499.

It's the molded plastic type (it comes with cup holders!) and does weigh 79
pounds but it's very stable in the water.