BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   Paddle question (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/14515-paddle-question.html)

Adriene April 28th 04 04:45 AM

Paddle question

Hello,
I'd like to get thoughts on a couple of paddles. I have been using a Harmont
Sea Quest glass paddle for a number of years and now am looking at a couple
of new ones, namely the Infusion by Bending Branches and the Sea Clude &
Expedition by Aqua Bound all glass. Any thoughts on any of these? I just do
simple fla****er lake paddles, but quite a lot of it, I want a good paddle ,
but at a modest price.
Thanks for any help.
Bob

Brian Nystrom April 28th 04 11:47 AM

Paddle question

Adriene wrote:

Hello,
I'd like to get thoughts on a couple of paddles. I have been using a Harmont
Sea Quest glass paddle for a number of years and now am looking at a couple
of new ones, namely the Infusion by Bending Branches and the Sea Clude &
Expedition by Aqua Bound all glass. Any thoughts on any of these? I just do
simple fla****er lake paddles, but quite a lot of it, I want a good paddle ,
but at a modest price.
Thanks for any help.
Bob

My first paddle was an AMT Expedition. It's a bit heavy (as are all the
one's you're looking at), but it's a very smooth feeling, forgiving
paddle and is quite durable. Overall, I think it's a good design. If you
can find a good price on the carbon fiber version (black blades), it's a
bit lighter.

Bill Tuthill April 28th 04 05:35 PM

Paddle question

Adriene wrote:

I'd like to get thoughts on a couple of paddles. I have been using a Harmont
Sea Quest glass paddle for a number of years and now am looking at a couple
of new ones, namely the Infusion by Bending Branches and the Sea Clude &
Expedition by Aqua Bound all glass. Any thoughts on any of these? I just do
simple fla****er lake paddles, but quite a lot of it, I want a good paddle ,
but at a modest price.

I have used both Bending Branches and Aqua Bound paddles, and can say
without reservation that the Carlisle RS Magic (not any other Carlisle,
this one is made in New Zealand) is far far superior. Currently $99.
I prefer it to my $250 Lightning fiberglass, due to less blade flutter,
and it is only a bit heavier (1138g vs 1042g with drip rings).

http://www.nrsweb.com/shop/product.a...33&deptid=1199