BoatBanter.com

-   Touring (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/)
-   -   Help on sit on kayaks (https://www.boatbanter.com/touring/14124-help-sit-kayaks.html)

Jean-Marc Chatellier July 6th 03 12:39 PM

Help on sit on kayaks

Hi there,
I am looking to buy a tandem sit on kayak,to paddle on the river with my
kid.Do they have them with dry seats?or do you have to get wet all the
time?(it's fine in the summer,but cold in the sping),and what brand is
there??
Thanx

Serious July 7th 03 01:02 PM

Help on sit on kayaks

In article , jean-
says...
Hi there,
I am looking to buy a tandem sit on kayak,to paddle on the river with my
kid.Do they have them with dry seats?or do you have to get wet all the
time?(it's fine in the summer,but cold in the sping),and what brand is
there??
Thanx

You can just about expect to be wet in a sit on top any time of year. I have one and even
with scupper plugs it is a wet ride.

RickPB July 8th 03 02:31 PM

Help on sit on kayaks

What type of river paddling are you going to do? There are a lot of flat water
SOTs out there and a few whitewater SOTs. I think that you are going to get
wet with all of them. Some have scupper plugs which will help keep you a bit
drier. I have a perception Torrent that is a good whitewater boat but a bit
slow if you are going to paddle flat water a lot.