BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ships (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ships/)
-   -   Chritian Radich and "Windjammer" (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ships/99657-chritian-radich-windjammer.html)

CJB October 30th 08 03:12 PM

Chritian Radich and "Windjammer"

Exciting news is that the extremely rare Cinerama film called
Windjammer of live on board Norwegian tall ship Christian Radich is
now available on DVD at a very reasonable price.

I am risking the wrath of list members in posting this - but I have
been trying to get a copy of this film for over 30 years!! And having
sailed on Christian Radich twice now she's a beautiful ship.

This is the info. emailed to me:

WINDJAMMER (2 discs)

More than 40 hours were spent in restoring some of the faded color
and replacing the German language with an English language soundtrack
made directly from a Cinerama sound reel as originally used in
cinemas. A very time-consuming process.

EXTRAS: Unless noted, all extras appear on both PAL and NTSC discs.
(120 mins)

Trailers of the films we sell
Plaza Cinerama Sydney (15 minutes)
Insight on South Pacific -12 minute making of film –very very rare-
exclusive to us on dvd.
Cinemascope in the 50s (NTSC only)
Cinemascope promo film (1953)
Vista Vision (50s promo film)
Cinema Steps Out - a look at life film from the late fifties/early
sixties (UK)
Miracle of TODDAO (extended length version seen only in USA
originally)
March Of TODDAO
Leeds cinema in Manchester (UK) 70mm cinema in the sixties.
Sydney Australia Chinatown cinema (PAL only)
Guests in our house – very rare 15 min training film for cinema staff
(possibly early fifties) (PAL only)

==

WINDJAMMER is also available in the German language (unrestored - mono
sound)

==

Regarding Cinerama films for sale on dvd. The following should answer
any questions that you may have.

We are currently the only people in the world selling these ultra
rare films on dvd. They contain all three film panels and are in the
widescreen format. Nothing has been cropped from the sides. Unless
mentioned otherwise, all films are in hi-fi stereo. The sound has been
completely re-mastered. If you have a home cinema system, the sound
quality is superb. The sharpness of the picture quality is not as
good as we would like it to be but the dvds were made from Cinerama
prints that were over 50 years old. The films have faded colour but
some colour enhancement has improved the picture quality. All films
are in the dvd-r format on quality discs and are in the public
domain.The films are in either PAL or NTSC format. They are posted
in a padded envelope. They come in a case with a coloured sleeve.

Most of the films are two discs with a second disc of ultra rare
extras ranging in length from 70 to 120 minutes. The extras relate to
either Cinerama or other widescreen formats. The quality depends on
their age (up to 60 years).’

Many famous people have acquired these rare films on dvd including
over twenty people who appeared in the films, were associated with the
production or related to those people. They include cast members from
SEARCH FOR PARADISE , THIS IS CINERAMA , WINDJAMMER and SEVEN WONDERS
OF THE WORLD as well as one of the co-inventors of Cinerama.
Executives from three major USA studios have also acquired copies.

Prices for the dvds are $US35 (2 discs) plus $US9.00 for airmail
postage. If buying more than one film you get a discount of $5 for
each additional film. Postage will be extra for two or more films.
The safest way to pay is by paypal as your money is safeguarded under
their policy. Western Union is another option for payment. My paypal
address is the same as my email address - "Mansor Peter"
.The dvds are posted within 24 to 48 hours
of payment being received except Sundays/holidays. We refund any
excess postage as the envelopes are on the borderline between letter
and parcel rates so sometimes a refund occurs.

==

Arneblaze September 9th 11 04:45 PM

Hello - I am interested in obtaining the 2 dvd set of WINDJAMMER. Please email me with details for purchase through PayPal. I have joined this site solely to communicate with you re this purchase.

My Author Name is Arneblaze.

I will be checking this site for a reply - or you may email me directly at

Thanks very much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJB (Post 663557)