BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ships (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ships/)
-   -   Another name for a figurehead (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ships/69441-another-name-figurehead.html)

lab~rat >:-) May 6th 06 09:49 AM

Another name for a figurehead

Is there another name for a figurehead?
--
lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Lou van Wijhe May 9th 06 08:43 AM

Another name for a figurehead

"lab~rat :-)" schreef in bericht
Is there another name for a figurehead?

I don't think so. I looked it up in several marine encyclopedia and found no
synonym. But then, is there another name for a rose? ;-)
--
Lou van Wijhe
Website: http://home.hccnet.nl/jl.van.wijhe/

Pete Verdon May 9th 06 06:48 PM

Lou van Wijhe wrote:

I don't think so. I looked it up in several marine encyclopedia and found no
synonym. But then, is there another name for a rose? ;-)

Not specifically, but if you wanted to vary your vocabulary a bit in a
piece of writing about them you could use words like "flower" or "bloom".

I have a feeling that there is another word for figurehead, but I just
can't think of it.

Pete

Lou van Wijhe May 11th 06 10:27 AM

Another name for a figurehead

"Pete Verdon" d schreef
in bericht ...
Lou van Wijhe wrote:

I don't think so. I looked it up in several marine encyclopedia and found
no synonym. But then, is there another name for a rose? ;-)

Not specifically, but if you wanted to vary your vocabulary a bit in a
piece of writing about them you could use words like "flower" or "bloom".

I have a feeling that there is another word for figurehead, but I just
can't think of it.

Number Skull?

Robert Carter July 8th 06 11:23 PM

Another name for a figurehead

Re Figurehead
If the stem head is finished off with an ornamental scroll instead of a
human or animal figure it is called a 'Fiddlehead'
Robert Carter
"MossyOats" wrote in message
29.71...
Pete Verdon d wrote