BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ships (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ships/)
-   -   Sea reads (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ships/20509-re-sea-reads.html)

Jens Lundgaard July 19th 03 11:50 PM

Sea reads

"Tim" skrev i en meddelelse
Any suggestions for good maritime fiction? I have heard William Clark
Russell wrote many stories but I Have never managed to find any, and would
prefer recommendations.

I have fondled some Patrick O'Brien but frankly it looks fairly drab and I
am not given to stories set much before my arbitrary cut-off date of 1875.

In terms of non-fiction I would recommend 'Sailing alone around the world'
by Joshua Slocombe wholeheartedly.

Tim

I read a great one a couple of years ago: Frank Sherry , Pacific passions.
The story of how everyone tried to find Australia for 150 years....

Have fun

Jens