BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   Tall Ship: Empirre Sandy (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/97536-tall-ship-empirre-sandy.html)

Andre Blanchard August 30th 08 03:50 AM

Tall Ship: Empirre Sandy

1 Attachment(s)
I took this picture at the Canal Days Festival in Port Colborne, Ontario
(Aug 3, 2008). I had been on a diiner cruise on this ship earlier this year
(June). It is one fine ship. It is the largest tallship in Canada.

In thios picture, you can see a puff of smoke. They fired a cannon at the
crowd :) It was a spectacular. Too bad my camera did not get the cannon
flash.

André Blanchard

Bouler August 30th 08 02:31 PM

Tall Ship: Empirre Sandy

"Andre Blanchard" schreef in bericht
I took this picture at the Canal Days Festival in Port Colborne, Ontario
(Aug 3, 2008). I had been on a diiner cruise on this ship earlier this year
(June). It is one fine ship. It is the largest tallship in Canada.

In thios picture, you can see a puff of smoke. They fired a cannon at the
crowd :) It was a spectacular. Too bad my camera did not get the cannon
flash.

Nice ship, thanks.
--
Greetings
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Tuppence[_2_] August 30th 08 06:49 PM

Tall Ship: Empirre Sandy

Hi Andre,

An amazing transformation from a war time ocean going tug which started life
in the service of the Ministry of War Transport.

I vividly recall her sister, Empire John, (same dimensions, same shipyard,
same year 1943) which was the harbour tug owned by DOSCO at Sydney, Nova
Scotia in the 1960s. Every time my ship (Charlton Mira) docked at Sydney it
was Empire John which assisted. Empire John was scrapped in Spain approx
1967.

Regards,
Tuppence

Andre Blanchard August 31st 08 02:48 PM

Tall Ship: Empirre Sandy

That is very interesting Tuppence. Do you happen to have a picture of the
Empire John?

Andre Blanchard

Tuppence[_2_] September 1st 08 06:32 PM

Tall Ship: Empirre Sandy

Hi Andre,

Unfortunately I do not have any photo of Empire John - I was not very photo
minded in the sixties.

I do recall that she was then still registered at Newcastle upon Tyne
(North-East coast of England) and flew the Red Duster.

Regards,

Tuppence