Default Powerpost for Boilerbill

Thanking you muchly

"BoilerBill" schreef in bericht
Thanking you muchly

You're welcome.
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

Default A bit off the beaten path - "aquabar25-1-08 unidentified boats on the pick in longshot_cml size.jpg" yEnc (1/1)

"Sj" schreef in bericht

The big are too big for many, the small are really a bit too small
to bother w/ ... no happy medium, it seems ... &, yes, I consider
what you posted a mini flood

Again, my opinion ... wouldn't even have bothered, except I'm
having some problems w/ another poster who can't 'see' my stuff ...

I think I'm out of this ng ... & yes, I know ... I won't be missed ;-)

Nothing more to post?;-)
See you in the Wallpapergroup.
Bur why leaving here?
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:58:02 -0600, Sj wrote:

Given the fact that people generally post to share,
posting in a way that keeps some from seeing what
you're posting seems rather a waste of time ...

Posting 1 Mb of data as yEnc sends ~ 1.03 Mb of data.

Posting 1 Mb of data as you do sends ~ 1.40 Mb of data.

For the still considerable number of people who have low speed connections or
(as for many in my country) pay for every byte downloaded, unnecessarily
bloating every post by 35% lessens your "sharing".

You either penalise those who use a sub-standard excuse for a newsreader and
could change, or penalise those who, usually through no fault of their own, have
a sub-standard internet connection.

That's why I don't yEnc my posts ...

Yes, and I know and like your posts so am prepared to pay the penalty.

But for fringe players like Boiler Bill, if his posts increase by 35% I just
won't bother.

But that's me ;-)

And the above is me :-)

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:58:05 -0600, Sj wrote:

I think I'm out of this ng ... & yes, I know ... I won't be missed ;-)

Sj

I hope that is not so. I hope you are not bowing to a troll. And yes
you would be missed.

"Sj" schreef in bericht

I think I'm out of this ng ... & yes, I know ... I won't be missed ;-)

Nothing more to post?;-)
See you in the Wallpapergroup.
Bur why leaving here?

I follow wallpaper but that's really
not my home ng ...

Must be a NG for scanners I think.

No more tall ships to post

Oké, see you around.
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands)

"Sj" schreef in bericht

Not so much scanners as people who 'create'
wallpaper from whatever the source is on a
given week, along w/ all sorts of other graphic
techniques & parts from all sorts of other sources
to make something unique ... I just vote for
whichever one I think is best on a given week ...

I follow that NG mostly as a lurker;-)

Most of my scans of art/illustrative art/some
photos get posted to artpics ...

Keep up your very good work.
--
Groeten