BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   NL - Den Helder - waiting out the storm - file 2 of 3 storm-2.jpg (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/87739-nl-den-helder-waiting-out-storm-file-2-3-storm-2-jpg.html)

Jeronimus November 10th 07 07:17 AM

NL - Den Helder - waiting out the storm - file 2 of 3 storm-2.jpg

1 Attachment(s)

Picture 1 and 2: Busy times in Den Helder with suppliers and tugs waiting out the storm in harbour. As one of the quays is being renovated, space is limited. I don't think the storm was strong enough to keep the bigger boats in harbour, but the working conditions at the production platforms must have been to bad to get any work done.

Picture 3: a shot of the sea from the dike in Den Helder. I missed out on the high-tide, so the conditions are not at their worst, although on this spot the currents run very strong (at this point the Northsea waters enter the Waddensea and vice versa).

regards,

Jeroen