BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   Dutch PPS with pics and song Ketelbinkie.pps (01/10) - [1/1] - 2004 KB (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/84751-re-dutch-pps-pics-song-ketelbinkie-pps-01-10-%5B1-1%5D-2004-kb.html)

joevan[_2_] August 8th 07 02:21 PM

Dutch PPS with pics and song Ketelbinkie.pps (01/10) - [1/1] - 2004 KB

Interesting and I like the voices even though I don't read Dutch.

RtW August 8th 07 04:43 PM

Dutch PPS with pics and song Ketelbinkie.pps (01/10) - [1/1] - 2004 KB

"joevan" schreef in bericht
On 08 Aug 2007 13:02:23 GMT, (poppejoppe) wrote:

Interesting and I like the voices even though I don't read Dutch.

It's about a young boy who goes to sea and misses his mother.
It's from a play which was written in 1940.

RtW

The_Borg August 10th 07 01:28 AM

Dutch PPS with pics and song Ketelbinkie.pps (01/10) - [1/1] - 2004 KB

To be precise...
It's about a Rotterdam streetboy who signs onto a ship as a 'Ketelbinkie' a
cabin boy, to be able to support his old mother. But even though he does his
very best, he cannot survive the hardships of the life on board. In the end,
he dies of exhaustion and disease. A tragic end.

It's a historical song. Every dutchman knows at least the first line of the
song. :-)
--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Anti-Virus Club (The¤Borg)
http://computer.clubs.nl/antivirus
http://weblogs.clubs.nl/antivirus

"RtW" schreef in bericht
"joevan" schreef in bericht

RtW August 10th 07 07:06 AM

Dutch PPS with pics and song Ketelbinkie.pps (01/10) - [1/1] - 2004 KB

"The_Borg" schreef in bericht
To be precise...
It's about a Rotterdam streetboy who signs onto a ship as a 'Ketelbinkie'
a cabin boy, to be able to support his old mother. But even though he does
his very best, he cannot survive the hardships of the life on board. In
the end, he dies of exhaustion and disease. A tragic end.

It's a historical song. Every dutchman knows at least the first line of
the song. :-)

Most people sing: Toen wij uit Rotterdam vertrokken.. The actual song goes:
Toen wij van Rotterdam vertrokken.

RtW

joevan[_2_] August 10th 07 04:14 PM

Dutch PPS with pics and song Ketelbinkie.pps (01/10) - [1/1] - 2004 KB

On Fri, 10 Aug 2007 02:28:01 +0200, "The_Borg"
wrote:

To be precise...
It's about a Rotterdam streetboy who signs onto a ship as a 'Ketelbinkie' a
cabin boy, to be able to support his old mother. But even though he does his
very best, he cannot survive the hardships of the life on board. In the end,
he dies of exhaustion and disease. A tragic end.

It's a historical song. Every dutchman knows at least the first line of the
song. :-)

True tis a sad song. Not knowing the words it was nice to listen to.
Great to see you still aroung old Borg.

Bouler August 10th 07 11:50 PM

Dutch PPS with pics and song Ketelbinkie.pps (01/10) - [1/1] - 2004 KB

"joevan" schreef in bericht

To be precise...
It's about a Rotterdam streetboy who signs onto a ship as a 'Ketelbinkie'
cabin boy, to be able to support his old mother. But even though he does
his
very best, he cannot survive the hardships of the life on board. In the
end,
he dies of exhaustion and disease. A tragic end.

It's a historical song. Every dutchman knows at least the first line of
the
song. :-)

True tis a sad song. Not knowing the words it was nice to listen to.
Great to see you still aroung old Borg.

Borg is many years younger than we joevan;-)
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands

joevan[_2_] August 10th 07 11:57 PM

Dutch PPS with pics and song Ketelbinkie.pps (01/10) - [1/1] - 2004 KB

On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 00:50:31 +0200, "Bouler"
wrote:

"joevan" schreef in bericht

To be precise...
It's about a Rotterdam streetboy who signs onto a ship as a 'Ketelbinkie'
cabin boy, to be able to support his old mother. But even though he does
his
very best, he cannot survive the hardships of the life on board. In the
end,
he dies of exhaustion and disease. A tragic end.

It's a historical song. Every dutchman knows at least the first line of
the
song. :-)

True tis a sad song. Not knowing the words it was nice to listen to.
Great to see you still aroung old Borg.

Borg is many years younger than we joevan;-)

I was just using slang. Meaning a long time on this ng with us. Old
friend.

Bouler August 11th 07 12:37 AM

[...]

I understood;-)
BTW, I found this page about Ketelbinkie, when you put your cursor on the
colored words, you see the translation in 4 languages.
Of course its a computertranslation but anyway;-)

http://www.statvoks.no/sigurd/popup_ketelbinkie.htm
--
Groeten
Bouler (The Netherlands