BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   Pasha_More info (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/83442-pasha_more-info.html)

Ducky[_2_] June 12th 07 03:43 AM

Pasha_More info

http://www.cargolaw.com/2007nightmare_pasha.bulk.html

MWB[_2_] June 12th 07 10:11 PM

Pasha_More info

Cargo Law is a great website. In another newsgroup I frequent, there's a
poster that lives there.

Looking at the photos I was amazed the captain didn't drop the anchors.

Mark

James Hahn June 13th 07 11:33 AM

Pasha_More info

Anchor had been down, but was dragging. Vessels were advised to move, but
by the time she got underway conditions were too strong to steer her through
the eye of the wind. She was riding very high, and the propeller did not
have enough grip to counter the windage. She was blown backwards over a
reef with the rudder hard over keeping her nearly, but not quite, bow to
wind.

It is almost identical to a grounding about 30 years ago just a few miles
north. In that case the skipper tried to 'granny' (turn downwind) but
didn't have the room and drove her on to the beach. Half of that vessel is
still there.

MWB[_2_] June 16th 07 02:57 AM

Pasha_More info

"MWB" wrote in message
Cargo Law is a great website. In another newsgroup I frequent, there's a
poster that lives there.

Looking at the photos I was amazed the captain didn't drop the anchors.

Mark

Thanks for the info.

Mark