BoatBanter.com

BoatBanter.com (https://www.boatbanter.com/)
-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   US - Gitche Gumee 2019-08-16 (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/183528-us-gitche-gumee-2019-08-16-a.html)

Bob_R[_3_] October 6th 19 04:46 AM

US - Gitche Gumee 2019-08-16
 
1 Attachment(s)
Gitche Gumee eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.
On the foredeck it looks like two couches facing each other. I've
never seen anything else like it in the canal. And with some luck I
never will.



Kilgore Trout[_2_] October 6th 19 09:36 PM

US - Gitche Gumee 2019-08-16
 
In article , says...

Gitche Gumee eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.
On the foredeck it looks like two couches facing each other. I've
never seen anything else like it in the canal. And with some luck I
never will.


Unusual name. I suspect Henry Wadsworth Longfellow may be turning over in his grave...

--
Al McCann
albert(dot)mccann(at)outlook(dot)com

Paul McGrane[_2_] October 7th 19 10:41 PM

US - Gitche Gumee 2019-08-16
 
On 10/5/2019 11:46 PM, Bob_R wrote:
Gitche Gumee eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.
On the foredeck it looks like two couches facing each other. I've
never seen anything else like it in the canal. And with some luck I
never will.


They call it a Deck Boat down here, similar to a pontoon boat. Lots of
room to relax and party!

Paul

Bob_R[_3_] October 9th 19 05:00 AM

US - Gitche Gumee 2019-08-16
 
On Sun, 6 Oct 2019 16:36:54 -0400, Kilgore Trout
wrote:

In article , says...

Gitche Gumee eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.
On the foredeck it looks like two couches facing each other. I've
never seen anything else like it in the canal. And with some luck I
never will.


Unusual name. I suspect Henry Wadsworth Longfellow may be turning over in his grave...


With goood reason.

Bob_R[_3_] October 9th 19 05:06 AM

US - Gitche Gumee 2019-08-16
 
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 17:41:38 -0400, Paul McGrane
wrote:

On 10/5/2019 11:46 PM, Bob_R wrote:
Gitche Gumee eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.
On the foredeck it looks like two couches facing each other. I've
never seen anything else like it in the canal. And with some luck I
never will.


They call it a Deck Boat down here, similar to a pontoon boat. Lots of
room to relax and party!

Paul


Interesting. She does look like she's better suited for partying than
for cruising.

[email protected] October 10th 19 03:58 AM

US - Gitche Gumee 2019-08-16
 
I agree they sure do look like couches, so I wonder if he takes people
on a tour of something that people would pay to see. Hal


On Sat, 05 Oct 2019 23:46:26 -0400, Bob_R
wrote:

Gitche Gumee eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.
On the foredeck it looks like two couches facing each other. I've
never seen anything else like it in the canal. And with some luck I
never will.


Bob_R[_3_] October 11th 19 02:24 AM

US - Gitche Gumee 2019-08-16
 
On Sun, 6 Oct 2019 16:36:54 -0400, Kilgore Trout
wrote:

In article , says...

Gitche Gumee eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.
On the foredeck it looks like two couches facing each other. I've
never seen anything else like it in the canal. And with some luck I
never will.


Unusual name. I suspect Henry Wadsworth Longfellow may be turning over in his grave...


Spinning very rapidly.

Bob_R[_3_] October 11th 19 02:25 AM

US - Gitche Gumee 2019-08-16
 
There are no advertising signs so maybe he only takes his friends out
and they pay him by bringing lots of beer!


On Wed, 09 Oct 2019 22:58:16 -0400, wrote:

I agree they sure do look like couches, so I wonder if he takes people
on a tour of something that people would pay to see. Hal


On Sat, 05 Oct 2019 23:46:26 -0400, Bob_R
wrote:

Gitche Gumee eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.
On the foredeck it looks like two couches facing each other. I've
never seen anything else like it in the canal. And with some luck I
never will.


Bob_R[_3_] October 11th 19 02:25 AM

US - Gitche Gumee 2019-08-16
 
On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 17:41:38 -0400, Paul McGrane
wrote:

On 10/5/2019 11:46 PM, Bob_R wrote:
Gitche Gumee eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.
On the foredeck it looks like two couches facing each other. I've
never seen anything else like it in the canal. And with some luck I
never will.


They call it a Deck Boat down here, similar to a pontoon boat. Lots of
room to relax and party!

Paul


A party boat. Lots of room between the couches for the coolers of
beer.


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 - 2014 BoatBanter.com