BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   More AJ Meerwald #1 - 190816103435-4828-Edit.jpg [1/1] (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/182912-more-aj-meerwald-1-190816103435-4828-edit-jpg-%5B1-1%5D.html)

Kilgore Trout[_2_] August 16th 19 08:31 PM

More AJ Meerwald #1 - 190816103435-4828-Edit.jpg [1/1]

1 Attachment(s)
The AJ Meerwald was out on the Delaware Bay near Cape May NJ again today. They must have been out sailing for the past
several days, as my wife heard that they were out yesterday too.

This first image shows the sails positioned to catch the wind, and they were tacking some with the wind from the east.

--
Al McCann
albert(dot)mccann(at)outlook(dot)com

Sharon August 17th 19 04:16 PM

More AJ Meerwald #1 - 190816103435-4828-Edit.jpg [1/1]

These are wonderful photos Al, is this the ship the person died jumping from
in the Olimpics?

.. .

Kilgore Trout[_2_] August 17th 19 10:15 PM

More AJ Meerwald #1 - 190816103435-4828-Edit.jpg [1/1]

In article , says...

These are wonderful photos Al, is this the ship the person died jumping from
in the Olimpics?

I suspect you mean the local triathalon, no, that was the Cape May - Lewis ferry.

Kilgore Trout[_2_] August 20th 19 09:07 PM

More AJ Meerwald #1 - 190816103435-4828-Edit.jpg [1/1]

In article , says...

Yes, my memory is going... Do you get many ships like this passing you?

Not normally. Philly had another tall ships festival last year, but we couldn't see any of them sailing up and back as
the channel is on the far side of the bay, along the Delaware coast. I can see the giant container ships with a pair of
binoculars, but that's about it.