BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   US - Nereide 2018-10-10 (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/181666-us-nereide-2018-10-10-a.html)

Bob_R[_3_] February 19th 19 01:31 AM

US - Nereide 2018-10-10

1 Attachment(s)
Nereide westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Paul McGrane[_2_] February 20th 19 12:14 AM

US - Nereide 2018-10-10

On 2/18/2019 8:31 PM, Bob_R wrote:
Nereide westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

I wonder if they ever use that mast & boom? I don't think I have ever
seen a sail on one of these.

Paul

john Szalay February 20th 19 05:09 AM

US - Nereide 2018-10-10

Paul McGrane wrote in news:o5-dnft16rB9BvHBnZ2dnUU7-
:

On 2/18/2019 8:31 PM, Bob_R wrote:
Nereide westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

I wonder if they ever use that mast & boom? I don't think I have ever
seen a sail on one of these.

Paul

pretty sure , that the mast & boom are for hoisting the zodiac/dingy
and mount the radar.

but of course , you could put a sail on most anything, the US submarine USS
R-14 (SS-91) had to resort to a makeshift sail when they ran low on fuel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_R-14_(SS-91)

Paul McGrane[_2_] February 20th 19 12:31 PM

US - Nereide 2018-10-10

On 2/18/2019 8:31 PM, Bob_R wrote:
Nereide westbound in Cape Cod Canal.

I wonder if they ever use that mast & boom? I don't think I have ever
seen a sail on one of these.

Paul

pretty sure , that the mast & boom are for hoisting the zodiac/dingy
and mount the radar.

but of course , you could put a sail on most anything, the US submarine USS
R-14 (SS-91) had to resort to a makeshift sail when they ran low on fuel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_R-14_(SS-91)

Yeah, I didn't think of that John :-)

Paul