BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   US - Nantucket (LV-112) 2018-08-23 #2 (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/179946-us-nantucket-lv-112-2018-08-23-2-a.html)

Bob_R[_3_] August 24th 18 01:56 AM

US - Nantucket (LV-112) 2018-08-23 #2

1 Attachment(s)
The lightship Nantucket, now privately owned by the United States
Lightship Museum, eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Canal Lee[_3_] September 2nd 18 01:56 AM

US - Nantucket (LV-112) 2018-08-23 #2

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 20:56:52 -0400, Bob_R
wrote:

The lightship Nantucket, now privately owned by the United States
Lightship Museum, eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Great shot and set Bob . How old do you think that boat is ?

Bob_R[_3_] September 3rd 18 01:41 AM

wrote:

The lightship Nantucket, now privately owned by the United States
Lightship Museum, eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Great shot and set Bob . How old do you think that boat is ?

Hi Lee,
You sent me down a Wikipedia rabbit hole with this question. Glad you
did.
I found this is not the lightship Nantucket (LV-112) and also not the
lightship Nantucket (WLV-613). She is the lightship Nantucket
(WLV-612) and was launched in 1950.
Bob

Paul McGrane[_2_] September 3rd 18 03:46 PM

On 8/23/2018 8:56 PM, Bob_R wrote:
The lightship Nantucket, now privately owned by the United States
Lightship Museum, eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Great shots of this one Bob, glad you were there to catch her!

Paul

Bob_R[_3_] September 4th 18 02:18 AM

US - Nantucket (LV-112) 2018-08-23 #2

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 10:46:36 -0400, Paul McGrane
wrote:

On 8/23/2018 8:56 PM, Bob_R wrote:
The lightship Nantucket, now privately owned by the United States
Lightship Museum, eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Great shots of this one Bob, glad you were there to catch her!

Paul

Thanks Paul.
And if you're still in RI notice how we've provided some more
Florida-like weather for you.
Bob

Paul McGrane[_2_] September 4th 18 03:32 PM

wrote:

On 8/23/2018 8:56 PM, Bob_R wrote:
The lightship Nantucket, now privately owned by the United States
Lightship Museum, eastbound in Cape Cod Canal.

Great shots of this one Bob, glad you were there to catch her!

Paul

Thanks Paul.
And if you're still in RI notice how we've provided some more
Florida-like weather for you.
Bob

I'm back in FL now but was up there last week when there was a Heat
wave. Went to the beach a lot!

Paul