BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   PV - WANDERING _______ 9-16.jpg (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/172436-pv-wandering-_______-9-16-jpg.html)

Canal Lee[_3_] October 22nd 16 06:26 PM

PV - WANDERING _______ 9-16.jpg

1 Attachment(s)
A long zoom shot of the WONDERING ? above the Bay Bridge up bound . I
read in a photo magazine recently that super zoom images that are
impacted by atmospheric distortion are becoming an art form because
they look like paintings . I don't know wether I'm into all that but
they are fun to take and look at on their own merits .

Bob_R[_3_] October 22nd 16 07:27 PM

PV - WANDERING _______ 9-16.jpg

"Canal Lee" wrote in message
A long zoom shot of the WONDERING ? above the Bay Bridge up bound . I
read in a photo magazine recently that super zoom images that are
impacted by atmospheric distortion are becoming an art form because
they look like paintings . I don't know wether I'm into all that but
they are fun to take and look at on their own merits .

Distortion or not, you got the shot which is the important thing.
I did some wondering on Marinetraffic.com and found "WANDERING AENGUS" which
appears to be her.
I wonder if she will wander g back your way so you can get a close-up.
Bob

Paul McGrane October 23rd 16 01:34 PM

PV - WANDERING _______ 9-16.jpg

On 10/22/2016 1:26 PM, Canal Lee wrote:
A long zoom shot of the WONDERING ? above the Bay Bridge up bound . I
read in a photo magazine recently that super zoom images that are
impacted by atmospheric distortion are becoming an art form because
they look like paintings . I don't know wether I'm into all that but
they are fun to take and look at on their own merits .

Yes, it does look like a painting, came out pretty neat Lee!

Paul

Canal Lee[_3_] November 1st 16 11:23 PM

PV - WANDERING _______ 9-16.jpg

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 14:27:35 -0400, "Bob_R"
wrote:

"Canal Lee" wrote in message
.. .
A long zoom shot of the WONDERING ? above the Bay Bridge up bound . I
read in a photo magazine recently that super zoom images that are
impacted by atmospheric distortion are becoming an art form because
they look like paintings . I don't know wether I'm into all that but
they are fun to take and look at on their own merits .

Distortion or not, you got the shot which is the important thing.
I did some wondering on Marinetraffic.com and found "WANDERING AENGUS" which
appears to be her.
I wonder if she will wander g back your way so you can get a close-up.
Bob

Thanks for the info Bob ! Will keep an eye out for a close(er) up shot
..

Canal Lee[_3_] November 1st 16 11:24 PM

PV - WANDERING _______ 9-16.jpg

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 08:34:09 -0400, Paul McGrane
wrote:

On 10/22/2016 1:26 PM, Canal Lee wrote:
A long zoom shot of the WONDERING ? above the Bay Bridge up bound . I
read in a photo magazine recently that super zoom images that are
impacted by atmospheric distortion are becoming an art form because
they look like paintings . I don't know wether I'm into all that but
they are fun to take and look at on their own merits .

Yes, it does look like a painting, came out pretty neat Lee!

Paul

Thanks Paul . That is a great spot to photograph boats .