BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   Viking Aegir (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/168613-viking-aegir.html)

Clayton Langstaff[_2_] August 22nd 15 06:46 PM

Viking Aegir

1 Attachment(s)
Viking River Cruises Longship "Viking Aegir", Budapest, Hungary. I had
arrived the evening before on the "Viking Idi", parked immediately
behind it.

Paul McGrane August 23rd 15 01:50 PM

Viking Aegir

On 8/22/2015 1:46 PM, Clayton Langstaff wrote:
Viking River Cruises Longship "Viking Aegir", Budapest, Hungary. I had
arrived the evening before on the "Viking Idi", parked immediately
behind it.

That's a neat looking one Clayton, must be built for sailing under some
of the bridges along the way?

Paul

Clayton Langstaff[_2_] August 23rd 15 02:01 PM

Viking Aegir

On 23/08/2015 8:50 AM, Paul McGrane wrote:
On 8/22/2015 1:46 PM, Clayton Langstaff wrote:
Viking River Cruises Longship "Viking Aegir", Budapest, Hungary. I had
arrived the evening before on the "Viking Idi", parked immediately
behind it.

That's a neat looking one Clayton, must be built for sailing under some
of the bridges along the way?

Paul

Definitely. Along the Main River, the bridges are so low, the top deck
is off limits, due to clearance restrictions. The ship's Bridge, sits
on a hydraulic scissors,lift, and must be completely lowered to fit
under. Controls are along the side for operation, and the ship can also
be controlled from the bridge, while lowered, using radar.