BoatBanter.com

-   Tall Ship Photos (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/)
-   -   marine traffic (https://www.boatbanter.com/tall-ship-photos/153771-marine-traffic.html)

Jeronimus[_4_] August 31st 12 05:15 PM

marine traffic

You all probably know this site, but I'll post it anyway:
http://www.marinetraffic.com

It's shows the AIS transponders on ships, so you can see where ships are
sailing almost in real-time. Although not every ship is equipped with a
transponder, it's interesting to watch this site if you're planning a
phototrip.

The site also let's you create a fleet of ships which you want to monitor
on a regular basis. Although I haven't gotten to it, it did seem usefull in
creating a fleet of tall-ships.. ;)

Before I go on my evening walk I usually view this site, so I can decide to
take my camera, or leave it at home.

Regards,

Jeroen

Canal Lee[_2_] September 2nd 12 05:53 PM

marine traffic

On 31 Aug 2012 16:15:40 GMT, Jeronimus wrote:

You all probably know this site, but I'll post it anyway:
http://www.marinetraffic.com

It's shows the AIS transponders on ships, so you can see where ships are
sailing almost in real-time. Although not every ship is equipped with a
transponder, it's interesting to watch this site if you're planning a
phototrip.

The site also let's you create a fleet of ships which you want to monitor
on a regular basis. Although I haven't gotten to it, it did seem usefull in
creating a fleet of tall-ships.. ;)

Before I go on my evening walk I usually view this site, so I can decide to
take my camera, or leave it at home.

Regards,

Jeroen

Great resource .I go there every day to see what is going on .

Don't forget to check out the photo section of each vessel also .

I just wonder how much longer this will remain a "free " site .

Lee